Wednesday, October 6, 2010

That's me in the spotlight, losing my religion

Yeah, sorry, writing about Glee again. It seems that I have nothing better to say. :)

I'd really love to get everyone's opinion on this week's Glee.
This week, Kurt's dad ended up in the hospital in a coma, and everyone started breaking out their faiths.
I just wasn't sure what to think. The only thing that seemed genuine to me was the part where Sue's disabled sister says "God doesn't make mistakes; that's what I believe." And Sue almost cries as her sister offers to pray for her. This stuck with me; the rest, trying to 'find the faith for them', seemed so fake.
And it reminds me of the course my friend M is taking at St. Stephen's. Finding a God to suit your lifestyle - how is that dedication? How is that devotion? How is that laying down your life for a Saviour who died and payed for YOUR (my) sins? You can't sculpt Jesus into the easiest version of Him for you to follow.
I'm leading my small group in a study of Mere Christianity. Though we've only read chapter 1 of book 1, it's so thought provoking. Yes, we all agree there is a law of Human Nature. Where does that come from, then? Can you sculpt the law into something that works for you? Lewis seems to think that everyone tries to, but everyone also thinks that no one else has the right to.
I think I agree.
This whole post was probably extremely pointless, sorry. I'm just writing what I'm thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment