Thursday, October 21, 2010

Love is All That Matters

Today was so good. After a few very emotionally traumatic days, my small group thought a while praying over me was exactly what I needed - and you just have no idea how right they were. Jesus is so good and all I need. And He blessed me so thoroughly today (and last night at small group. Those girls are amazing stewards of His Love and I am so dang thankful!)!
Today, I received the joys of doing a crossword with two awesome friends, watching some business students practice a presentation (which was hilarious), had tea with someone SO special to me, and was able to talk to my best friend J on the phone for a good chunk of time!
It gets me to thinking... Jesus is so present in our everyday lives. It's the little things that are His greatest blessings to me. I am so blessed.
Last weekend I was able to volunteer for a night at our homeless shelter called the MustardSeed. It was probably one of the most impacting moments on my life. It was incredible just to watch the hockey game with the homeless. What amazed me the most was how they just accepted me and my friends like we were their own - but when do we do that for them? They were like a family, and they wanted us to be a part of it. The Church is also a family, and don't we want THEM to be a part of it?
Something else that really impacted me was a chat with a man who had gone from homeless druggie to bus driving Christian. He was telling us about how when he decided he was done with his life of sin, whenever things would go bad, he would just pray about it and had a peace that God would take care of him... and He did! This man was so full of faith. As a university student, I do understand not knowing what's going on in my life, and this man's words just spoke to me! Another thing was how willing the guy was to talk God. I don't consider myself to be afraid of talking about God, but I don't bring it up on my own all that often because I'm truthfully afraid of the bad connotations that come with calling yourself a Christian. And this just struck me that it doesn't matter how people react to my willingness to say that Jesus is the way! Jesus loves me, and LOVE is all that matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment