Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I'm Sensitive, and I'd Like to Stay that Way

Lately, I've really been realizing that I don't really know who I am. And by lately, I mean that since I started university, I'm realizing that I don't have a freaking clue who I am!
I know I'm Jesus' bride, I know that I'm loved by my heavenly father - the GOD OF THE UNIVERSE, in case you were confused. But who does that make me?
And what's more, I've realized that I try and take on characteristics of other people that I think are cool. Example? My friend M is really laid back and cool in my eyes, and she is the farthest thing from an emotional person, so over the summer I tried to extinguish the emotional side of me, tried to develop a more sensible, logical side of me. It was a little damaging, as I wasn't being me to any degree. It was impossible, and only made me more frustrated. Another example? I have recently met a guy whom I am reasonably attracted to and really want to get to know, only because of my little crush I have a really difficult time talking to him. Not only that, but I seem to not act anything like me around him. I'm working on it... (PS, he's really, really cute! And SO freaking nice!!)
I just don't know how to be myself.
Well, this week I really want to figure myself out a bit. Who am I? haha. Anyways, I must get back to the books. In order to take Thursday off (to see DAVID CROWDER BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), I need to get a lot of work done today and tomorrow. So, ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment