Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Living Today

Hey guys.
Today I was reading one of my favourite blogs, and the author was talking about hope. http://stuffchristianslike.net/2010/02/hope/
Something really stuck out to me, and it also stuck out in CS Lewis'
The Screwtape Letters I was really struck by what it means to live in the present.
The author suggested that one must first come to be at peace with the past. I don't know if I'm at this place or not; I wonder what that looks like? I don't know at all, however, what it means to live in the present. Both Lewis and Acuff suggest that this is one of Satan's biggest weapons against: "Satan is desperate to keep you out of the now, because it’s where Christ lives."
So what does the now look like? The first thing that comes to mind is my habit of day dreaming. When I am walking somewhere alone, I've got my music cranked and I'm daydreaming. When class gets boring, I draw hearts on my page and day dream. Before I fall asleep at night, I'm daydreaming about the upcoming things in my life. I day dream about past and future alike: how things would have been different in the past and how things "should look" in the future.
So, as I tried yesterday, I plan to turn every moment of day dreaming to God. Making each of those moments about Praising God for the many ways he has blessed me, about me bringing Him glory in the way that I live and about asking Him to lead me.
It's 11:11. At 11:11, instead of making a wish, I like to Praise God! :) I think He likes it too.
God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment