Thursday, February 11, 2010

Girl Can't Help It


So... My title comes from the song stuck in my head right now... Fergie's "Clumsy." Oops. It's goofier than the ones that would have made sense... Like, "Faithfully without Fear," or "Walking on Water." But when have I ever been known to make sense?
Today, God opened my eyes to so many things. Many of these things involve me opening up a whole lot about myself, which isn't something I really care to do right now... So I'll talk about defilement!Mark 7:14-23, Jesus teaches about defilement! He says that we are not defiled by our environments (for all of you bio nerds: defilement does not operate on our phenotypes), but instead comes from within. So the things that screw me up are not caused by other people, have essentially nothing to do with other people! All of the things that defile me come from my own human heart! Rough waters, much?
No! It's wonderful, because as Jesus purifies us, our evils INSIDE are washed away, and this leads me to believe that no outside factors can cause us to become defiled again. We are in control by giving Him control. Amazing, thanks, Lord!

Also, at Bible study last night, God revealed to me that I needed to have so much more faith... and then it was repeated tonight in my own Bible Study... so for all of you LBS-ers out there (pretty sure that the 5 of you that there are don't read this), my sticky note from Zach says "Faithfully without Fear."

So, here I am, guys. Walking on water...
*You are the Way, the Truth and the Life, we live by FAITH and not by sight for You*

No comments:

Post a Comment