Tuesday, February 2, 2010

And so it begins...


My name is Robin. I'm currently 18, and studying psychology at the University of Alberta. I love blogging because I love to write - to express myself. Once a few people had found out about my old blog, I just wanted to start over.
I think that the title, on the shoreline, reflects me: I LOVE the ocean, passionately. I feel like the ocean reflects so much of my God, the God who provides. There are times when the ocean is calm and gentle, and times when it is fierce and powerful. There are also so many things we don't know about the ocean, and so very many things we don't know about God. Being on the shoreline makes me feel like I'm right next to Him, and a lot of my God-time takes place next to the ocean.
Today before calculus class began, I decided that when class got boring, I would take the 10 seconds that I would normally spend doodling a heart on my notes to praise God! I found two things as a result: a) I waste WAY too much of class time doodling! b) Praising God is so uplifting! I had been having a frustrating day, and praising God brought me into a more pleasant mood! Thanks, Jesus!
Last night at Large Group (an extension of my C&C group through my church), we had small group time and I ended up with a group of 3 other girls. It was so wonderful, and I'm so thankful that God provided me with that time! We had a really inspiring and empathetic time together, and the prayer time at the end was really strong and wonderful. :)
I'd love to tell you what else is new, but I don't feel like I'm at a place right now that I can do so. I'm sure I'll be able to update you soon... at this point I don't know who "you" is! So if you happen to stumble upon my blog, feel free to tell me a little bit about you! :) God bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment