Wednesday, November 16, 2011

a kind of really big deal

I have an announcement. It's a huge deal. Massive. Life changing.
I've been thinking this off and on for awhile, but it never occurred to me that it was real.
I'm not doing this on any timeline but God's time. It's just that today, I suddenly know for sure something that changes everything.
Today, I was sitting in class and I was thinking about something that's come to mind often recently.
"I don't have any passions. What am I even interested in? I'm not called to anything. I have no life dreams! Who the crap am I!?!?!"
and then a few things that I know are true came to mind:
(1) I am a daughter of the Lord
(2) I love people
(3) I have a heart for seeing Christians have more freedom in Christ.

then,
"Wait. I DO have a passion. Only one. But it's big enough that I wouldn't have room to have others.."

Jesus is my love. My faith is my passion. God is my desire.
Today, I learned what this means. I don't know how, but I suddenly just got it. I don't feel called to any specific thing yet, but this I know for sure:



I'm called to full time ministry.

1 comment: