Monday, May 27, 2013

Great Legs

I just got back from the beautiful Hawaiian Island of Maui. It was so much fun - we went snorkeling, paddle boarding, swimming and tanning! I loved the palm trees, beach walks, pineapples, sunsets, giant sea turtles, amazing food, coral reefs, humidity... I just loved it all! Except the sunburns! I tried to include pictures that sort of summarize how great Hawaii felt. I took a lot of pictures of palm trees - something truly fascinating to a Canadian, I guess!

I just really enjoyed the laid back Hawaiian culture. They call it the spirit of aloha - aloha doesn't just mean hello and goodbye, but it embodies a belief in living a life of love and peace.

It was an incredible and restful vacation, but it also provided a lot of thinking space. Since I spent most of my time there in a bikini, I thought a great deal about my body, and I also spent a lot of time thinking about myself in general. I began really considering what it means to be "Robin," and a lot of what I was able to come up with was criticism.

I found myself really facing a lot of my self worth issues. I feel a new hyper-awareness of how un-confident I am... which is good: awareness is usually the first step in growth.

Every so often I see a picture of myself and it won't be perfect, but I think to myself "man, I've got great legs." Here's to looking for the other "great legs" that make up me.
 These are my great legs. What are yours?



ALOHA




No comments:

Post a Comment