Saturday, February 5, 2011

Inside the Temple


I feel I'm on the brink of something large.
Breakforth was incredible! God spoke to me through so many people, over and over again. He is so good!
One session I went to was talking about Hearing God's Voice. Brad Jersak was reading through Exodus 33:7-11, and this tent of the meeting, though I'd heard of it before, was kind of a new concept to me. The Israelites had their temple, but God wanted to be closer. It says "The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend." That's amazing. And then it all came into place; when God made our heart's His temple, it was more like a tent of meeting. Where we can go, and be face-t0-face with God.
Except, it's kind of messy, because I can sort of go in - but ONLY when I'm praying for others. And I can only see Jesus' body, I can't see past His shoulders. And when I pray for myself, I can't even get into the temple. I can't.
I know it's me. I know God's welcoming me, calling me, and excited to see me, but I can't manage to go in the door. I'm scared, I guess! God's been asking me to deal with a lot of things lately, and though I've now recognized that they exist, I don't even know where to start.
During a worship session at Breakforth, one of my friends drew a picture, and said that God had told her to give it to me. It's of Jesus handing a girl (me?) a flower. The next morning in an intercessory workshop, God told me that I couldn't have the flower until I let go of what I was holding. Funny, because the preceding morning He told me that I needed to let go. And people were praying over me, that I'd start trusting God and let go of my control. And let myself be loved.
But I feel like I DO let myself be loved! I know God's been asking me to receive Love, but I don't know how. Last weekend, one of my friend's husbands said to me "Robin, the more you receive Love, the less power fear will have over you." What a word from the Lord! And he didn't even know it.
What do I do? Where do I start?
How do I get inside the Temple?

No comments:

Post a Comment