Friday, September 3, 2010

How Come?

Sometimes, I'm just so fake.
I long, so badly, to be one of those people who truly lives for God. And I do, maybe 60% of the time. That number is getting bigger and bigger, but there is still so much of me that refuses to part with the world. I was watching some SkitGuys YouTube videos last night, and I came across this one:


It really spoke to me. I'd watched this movie a few months ago, and the impact was much bigger this time. How many times do I put my hands in front of God's tools? How many times do I say "can't we deal with what I want to deal with!?" How come it's so easy to listen to the voices of the world, Satan's very own voice, telling me that Creation doesn't make sense, or that I'm better than another person? How come I can let fear consume me?
I know LOVE conquers, and I know that GOD IS LOVE. But how come I can forget?

How come I don't rely on this FACT every day? In every minute?

A few weeks ago, I sent a friend a Facebook message saying that without God, I don't think I could get through the day. How come, then, I can go through the whole day without praying, without relying on His strength, His Spirit? How come I can ignore His voice, if His Sheep know His voice? How come I can make my decisions according to what others would think of them?

How come?

No comments:

Post a Comment