Saturday, July 27, 2013

Girl Crushes

Although I'm a very independent individual, there are a few women out there who I really look up to! Here's my list of girl crushes!

NUMBER ONE: Beyoncé Knowles 
If you've ever talked to me, you had to know this was coming. I LOVE Beyoncé and everything she stands for! I look up to her because she is strong, she is always empowering others (especially women!), she is a great role model, she avoids cheap drama. BeyBey works hard, is an amazing and talented artist, and is a very glam style icon. I adore her - it's definitely on my bucket list to see her in concert!



NUMBER TWO: Amy Poehler
Amy is one woman who I truly look up to and aspire to be like. Firstly, she is HILARIOUS. I love that she's a goofball - but she's no slacker! From producing AND writing AND directing AND starring in her own tv show (and yeah, I have a secondary crush on Leslie Knope) to her YouTube channel, Smart Girls, designed to empower young women, to being involved in the feminist movement, Amy just doesn't quit. She inspires me to be weird, be goofy, be independent - to be myself. I admire her so much!



NUMBER THREE: Emma Stone
Something about Emma just screams friendship! She's so down-to-earth and chill while maintaining a really cool persona - lets face it: we all want to be her bff. Plus, I love her style! I think my favourite thing about Emma is that she really promotes being yourself - no matter how messy and weird you think you are.


NUMBER FOUR: Michelle Obama
Michelle Obama is my favourite first lady. She's so into fitness, empowering women and she's also a hilarious goofball who is incredibly intelligent. I love that she's trying to make a dent in American childhood obesity - also, can I just say it's like a huge dream of mine to work out with her!? I think she's a great leader, an excellent mother and a wonderful wife. So, I have a total girl crush on her!


NUMBER FIVE: Rachel McAdams
Rachel McAdams is my beauty and style icon. She is so naturally beautiful, and I love her classy, girly style. She can pull off any look she wants to, and does so with grace. I also love watching her movies - I think she's such a fantastic actress. She's dramatic, funny and charming all at once! Love her!


So, it's your turn! Tell me in the comments below: who are YOUR girl crushes?

No comments:

Post a Comment